Sunday, October 2, 2011

Simplicity Pattern 3511

Here are a couple dresses I made for my girls using Simplicity Pattern 3511. The pattern is easy and I completed the dress within a few hours.


I made the pink & flowered dress first and actually made it last year- so why is my darling middle daughter wearing it now? Because the pattern runs large! I made the 3T dress but it was way to wide for her so I hung it in the closet for her to wear when she was a little bigger... too bad I hemmed it for her 3 year old height so now the dress is a little short on her.



So knowing what I know now I made the gray dress one size smaller so that it fits my youngest daughter now! I made the dress with this nice thick gray material and the dress turned out a little blah so I took a decorative ribbon I had in my stash and sewed it onto the front and back to dress it up a little bit.


I like how this pattern could be made casual or a little more as a dressy depending on your choice of fabric. Definitely going to be making this pattern again because it is so fast and easy that I can whip it up if I need something for an event or photograph.

I am going to write a review on Sewing Patterns Review.com
Thanks for looking!


I think I make her model clothes too much, she knows exactly why she was being photographed!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am a beginner and thought this would be a great pattern to start out with, but the instructions are like reading a foreign language to me! I am stuck. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete